From: Lane Roathe <lane@roathe.com>
Subject: Re: limiting incoming attachments?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:34:28 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on Fri, Jul 29, 2005 SIMS Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com> may have said:

>does anyone know of an application that i can use to selectively
>download and delete messages from the server without having to get
>everything in the client's mailbox? it looks like an app called
>popmonitor might do what i need, but it apparently doesn't work with
>OS X 10.4 yet. also, i wonder if anyone on this list uses it to check/
>manage accounts on SIMS.

I use PopMonitor on the same machine as SIMS to act as my secondary spam
filter and it works great. It can cause an occasional "account in use"
error though.

Just because:

SIMS rbl list & dummy/missing accounts stop most spam before reception
spam (~4000 of ~5000 email attempts per day)

PopMonitor (server side) catches 80% of the spam that gets through

SpamSieve (client side) catches the remaining spam (67% of remaining)

That's over 90% spam rate :(

Lane Roathe
President          Ideas From the Deep        <http://www.ifd.com>