From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: postmaster and spam
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 07:27:16 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Regarding the acceptance of mail to 'postmaster' at each domain... Is ALL mail required to be accepted or do the RFCs permit rejection of obvious spam.

Now, in my SIMS router I have:
<postmaster%*@blacklisted> = [aggregated postmaster account]

to accept mail from blacklisted sources. There may be times when a non-spammer at a blacklisted domain may need to contact the postmaster.

But what about obvious spam? I'm in the process of migrating all my domains to a new, non-SIMS server which includes built-in spam filters. Is it 'RFC-legal' to reject obvious spam, even to the postmaster account?

A huge percentage of the spam I personally receive is sent to one or another postmaster account.