Mailing List Message #15084
From: Dave Pooser <>
Subject: Re: postmaster and spam
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:32:33 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <>
> But what about obvious spam? I'm in the process of migrating all my domains to
> a new, non-SIMS server which includes built-in spam filters. Is it 'RFC-legal'
> to reject obvious spam, even to the postmaster account?

No. Sorry, that's why we get paid the big bucks.

On my own server I've seen legitimate mail score as high as 12 on
SpamAssassin (foreign source, from a gal named Oralia, message consisted
entirely of pictures) that could have cost us $50k if it had been

Also, bear in mind that if somebody wants to alert you to a compromised
account by sending you an example of spam relayed through your server, the
forwarded spam may well qualify as "obvious spam."
Dave Pooser
"NOTHING says love like a monkey. It's a fuzzy screeching
bundle of tenderness!" --