From: Dave Pooser <dave-cgpro@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: Why not receiving mail from this server?
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:14:38 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> I've got a couple people (maybe more) who are having trouble sending
> to my mail server. I'm running SIMS v 1.8b9d14 on OS 8.6. Here's an
> example of someone using a gmail.com email address that is failing:

Note all the blackholes.us transactions that are timing out (because
blackholes.us appears to be unreliable right now, if not outright dead). You
sent the 220 (server ready) message at 9:42:14 and your 250 (pleased to meat
you) at 9:45:09. That's a long delay, and probably exceeds the timeout on
the gmail MTA (or most other high-volume MTAs)
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com