From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Why not receiving mail from this server?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:18:03 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 09/09/05 at 08:00, Linda Pautsch wrote:

> Mike and Dave - thanks for the tips... I've taken out the
> blackholes.us rbls... here's what I've got left:
>
> relays.visi.com
> sbl.spamhaus.org
> koea.services.net
> cbl.abuseat.org
> opm.blitzed.org
> relays.ordb.org

You should replace sbl.spamhaus.org and cbl.abuseat.org with
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, which combines the sbl and cbl lists and only costs
you one look-up per SMTP connection instead of two. I think that there's
probably some redundancy in the other RBLs in your list and you might want
to consider paring it down further. On my own servers, I'm down to just
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org plus lists for China and Korea, currently
cn.rbl.cluecentral.net and kr.rbl.cluecentral.net since blackholes.us is on
the flake. My experience is that adding any other lists only results in a
small handful of additional rejections per day. The caveat, of course, is
that everyone's situation is different and YMMV.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>