From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: Client hosts list...
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:42:18 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Sep 13, 2005, at 7:34 AM, Brian Findlay wrote:

I am trying to access my mail server from work, and SIMS constantly rejects incoming mail, (from me that is) with a 'we do not relay' message.  I can get around this by checking mail before sending (ie it verifies my ip and keeps it open briefly), but this is a pain, as often messages need to be sent throughout the day.

I obtained the ip range from work, and entered this in the SMTP 'clients' list.  I even included the specific ip of my machine, but it still will not recognize it as a client.

<snip>

I found using SMTP AUTH to be a lot easier/safer/consistent than using and IP range or check before send. I have moved on from SIMS, but I recall it being a simple check box in, I think, the SMTP setup page. I know Eudora and Mail.app support this and I think that nearly any recent mail client should.