From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: PROBLEM -> POP ERROR : ACCOUNT IN USE -->> MS OUTLOOK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:09:18 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:18 AM -0700 9/21/05, Jorge sent email containing:
>Hello,
>
>All the pc users are getting this message very often. They use ms-outlook.

I seem to recall that some MS email apps disconnect without ever properly closing the POP session. This leaves the mailbox open. Normally it's not a big deal as SIMS will close the mailbox after ten minutes or so. I'll bet these people are checking more frequently more often than every ten minutes.

>Mac users have no problem at all. Even more, when I try to check a locked
>account (one that a pc can't read) I use a Mac, and the mac seems to
>"unlock" the account as the problem disapears... ???

Probably just coincidence; the time-out has probably elapsed by then and even Outlook could log in after that happens.