De: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Sujet: Re: PROBLEM -> POP ERROR : ACCOUNT IN USE -->> MS OUTLOOK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:09:18 -0700
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:18 AM -0700 9/21/05, Jorge sent email containing:
>Hello,
>
>All the pc users are getting this message very often. They use ms-outlook.

I seem to recall that some MS email apps disconnect without ever properly closing the POP session. This leaves the mailbox open. Normally it's not a big deal as SIMS will close the mailbox after ten minutes or so. I'll bet these people are checking more frequently more often than every ten minutes.

>Mac users have no problem at all. Even more, when I try to check a locked
>account (one that a pc can't read) I use a Mac, and the mac seems to
>"unlock" the account as the problem disapears... ???

Probably just coincidence; the time-out has probably elapsed by then and even Outlook could log in after that happens.

S'abonner aux messages S'abonner aux sommaires S'abonner aux indexes Se désabonner Ecrire un email au responsable de la liste