From: David Thornton <davidthornton@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Problems with Attachments
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:38:08 -0500
To: SIMS List <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Actually I've got two issues:
1. We've been having sporadic weirdness with SIMS passing along messages
with attachments. Such messages will usually go to other users on the system
with no problem, but if the recipient is in another domain, forget it. Any
clues as to what to look for or what might be going on?

2. Another thing that is a bit annoying is the user folders; I have the
accounts set to store all mail in folder only, and the mailbox size set at
unlimited for all the users. The clients (mix of OS 9 & OS X Entourage and
Outlook on Windows XP) are all set up to collect their mail and leave it on
the server, but delete it after 10 days. Some of the user folders have huge
amounts of files in them; one folder I checked last night had over 15,000
files in it, totaling about 1.2GB. Is there a server-side setting that I can
change to reduce the number of files that are stored on the server? It seems
like Finder actions are really slow (OS 9.1 on a G3-upgraded 9600), and I
suspect that it's not dealing well with the number of files on the drive.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Dave Thornton