From: Michael Croft <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: Re: SIMS 1.7 CommuniGate 3.2.1 - can't check mail from outside LAN
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:46:50 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

--

Hi, welcome to the list.

First: Upgrade from 1.7 to 1.8b9d14.  It closes important holes that are
known to be exploitable and while it is a development version, it's been
rock solid for many of us.

Second: Set your POP Settings to Log: All Info and re-try- that telnet
session and see what gets logged.  It may help you debug this.  If it
doesn't seem obvious and you can't see a difference when you telnet from
inside than when you telnet from outside, then post the log results back
here.

--
Michael Croft       http://www.whiterose.org/michael
SAM: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom. We've got a magic ring,