From: Jason Shewchuk <jason@bijouenhancements.com>
Subject: Opps . . IPNetRouter + SIMS
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:33:44 -0800
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi,
I've had my SIMS server up and running for many years however now due to
different ISP in Alberta deciding for 'security' reasons they need to
block port 25.  This means that most of the people who have an email
address with SIMS on my server cannot check it on the road as SMTP is
blocked.

I am trying to use my old copy of IPNetRouter to forward port 587 to 25
(as per suggestions on the list).  I haven't used this program in years
and in the past I didn't have a physical router doing most of the routing.

My setup is right now I get two IP address coming into an Asante FR1104-G
router.  This router points on IP address to itself and the other to my
server.  This has always worked.  This router after all the reading I've
been doing does not have the ability to map outside port numbers to
different inside port numbers.  My solution I thought was IPNetRouter.

With IPNetRouter it up on the server to masquarade to itself then made an
mapping entry to have port 587 sent to 25.  It worked . . . kind of.  I
now was able to send mail to SIMS via port 587 however that was it.
Anything sent to 25 no longer worked.  Since I did this change I have
only had on spammer send me anything otherwise the server didn't do much
this weekend.  I've now turned off IPNetRouter and things are back to
normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I should have followed if it an broke
don't touch it (-:

---
JOS