From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: correct router syntax to put SIMS inline ahead of my listserver?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:41:06 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 4:19 PM -0600 12/12/05, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:
At 12:47 PM -0800 12/12/05, Michael Heth wrote:

and have a router entry for something like

lists.serversmiths.com = lists.serversmiths.com.smtp

can anyone confirm that I have the issues correctly in my mind.

Should work.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure that *will* work.  I believe the second domain name should be different from the first, else you'll get a loop.  You may need to create a new domain name for the list machine in your DNS and use it.

I have so many different domain names on the various lists (and not that many lists in all) that I just put them in the router individually...

<listname@domain.com>=listname@listserv.domain.com

(where domain.com is on SIMS and listserv.domain.com is the list machine.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>