From: Michael Heth <mlr@serversmiths.com>
Subject: Re: correct router syntax to put SIMS inline ahead of my listserver?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:58:21 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Dec 12, 2005, at 2:41 PM, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:

At 4:19 PM -0600 12/12/05, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:
At 12:47 PM -0800 12/12/05, Michael Heth wrote:

and have a router entry for something like

lists.serversmiths.com = lists.serversmiths.com.smtp

can anyone confirm that I have the issues correctly in my mind.

Should work.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure that *will* work.  I believe the second domain name should be different from the first, else you'll get a loop.  You may need to create a new domain name for the list machine in your DNS and use it.

Do you mean change the host name

lists.serversmiths.com

to something like

listprocess.serversmiths.com

and leave everything else alone (i.e. all the list addresses use the host name lists.serversmiths.com, i.e. eab@lists.serversmiths.com, psa@lists.serversmiths.com etc.)

I can't change those email addresses.

That's why I was hoping someone would say I can do this

lists.serversmiths.com = 64.84.15.102.smtp

that's the IP of the listserver which knows itself to be

lists.serversmiths.com

That way, the world sends to lists.serversmiths.com which is directed to my SIMS server at 64.84.15.106, which then just sends it next door to 64.84.15.102

Can I use the IP nos as above, if so I can run a quick test and see what happens.

Thanks,

M./