From: Dave Pooser <dave-cgpro@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: Host Channel Limit
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:27:14 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> On a system where I manage the SpamAssassin
> weights, I gave a hard failure enough weight to take anything
> smelling vaguely spammy across the line, and found that over 10% of
> the mail stopped by that was probably not spam at all, but rather was
> sent by people who set up hard-fail SPF records incorrectly.

Somebody on the SpamAssassin list was indicating that a rule tagging SPF
softfail actually hit a lower number of hams than a rule tagging SPF
hardfail. I use hardfail at $DAYJOB and haven't had a problem unless my
users try to share photos using a web-based service that sends messages
"from" you to notify your friends of new pictures.
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com