From: Aron Spencer <aron@r8ix.com>
Subject: Re: Use Verizon Solely for Send?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:39:09 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hmmm. Residential DSL here in NJ started blocking port 25 earlier this year; late January, I think.

On May 9, 2006, at 5:24 PM, chris wrote:

But Verizon does block port 25 on it's residential DSL, so make sure
you're looking at the business DSL plan.

They didn't block port 25 on my residential DSL, nor are they blocking it
right now on my residential FiOS service.

I wonder if that is something based on region, or if I'm just lucky (or
is this a recent block, the last time I checked it was when my FiOS was
installed in December)

Port 80 is blocked even on business class. I assume you can get it
unblocked on business class service if you request it (I've not tried as
I don't care, but I do know it is blocked, at least in NY, NJ and PA, as
I do a lot of installations for a company that used to use port 80 to
access their servers, and verizon and cablevision customers always had
problems... this of course has led them to stop using port 80, so I don't
know anyone that has called to try to have it unblocked)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>