From: Peter Jones <peter@thejonesfamily.org>
Subject: Re: Use Verizon Solely for Send?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:59:30 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On May 9, 2006, at 4:11 PM, Michael Croft wrote:

Isn't there a SIMS option to use an external mailserver to send through?

Yes, but sending isn't really the problem. I'm wondering if VZ will let me "reach back" through their networks and *receive* mail from my servers. At one time I thought I'd heard that they were blocking ports 25 or 110 to destinations other than their own servers ... if that's not true, and if they haven't implemented some other customer-unfriendly "anti-spam" procedures, then my worry meter just went down by 6dB.

Peter