De: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
Sujet: Re: Use Verizon Solely for Send?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:48:44 -0400
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>At one time I thought I'd heard that they were blocking
>ports 25 or 110 to destinations other than their own servers

110 is definitly open. I don't know of any ISP that blocks that on the
outbound. It would prevent you from using any other POP3 mail server,
which would probably tick off 99% of their possible customers. (in other
words, an ISP that blocks port 110 outbound probably will not be in the
ISP game very long).

They also are not blocking port 25 outbound, as I never send thru
Verizon's mail server, and I have no problems reaching my own mail
servers to send email. Although blocking port 25 outbound is starting to
become common (it is something I object to in an ISP so I hope Verizon
doesn't start doing it). It remains up in the air if they are blocking
port 25 inbound on residential class service. It would not surprise me if
they are (they were not in the past, but it was said this started
sometime around the start of the year, which is after I last tested it).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

S'abonner aux messages S'abonner aux sommaires S'abonner aux indexes Se désabonner Ecrire un email au responsable de la liste