From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
Subject: Re: Use Verizon Solely for Send?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:13:50 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>FYI: http://postmaster.aol.com/faq/port25faq.html
>
>"To help deter the sending of spam from AOL's network, we have begun
>blocking outgoing connections on port 25."

AOL has actually been doing that for a VERY long time. People just never
knew it, because they would capture the traffic and redirect it to their
own mail server transparently.

However, like everything in AOL, it had to do with where you were, what
dialup number you used to connect, and what phase the moon was in.

I really think AOL's IT people don't talk to each other and each of them
just does whatever they want on the portion of the equipment they are
responsible for. I've never dealt with a more inconsistent system. (maybe
I shouldn't bash them, it has been years since I've bothered with their
service for anything other than AIM... but hey, since AIM is wildly
different between platforms and versions of the software... I have to
assume things are business as usual for everything else in AOL)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>