From: Peter Jones <peter@thejonesfamily.org>
Subject: Re: Use Verizon Solely for Send?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:01:15 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Chris: A very polite way of saying "RTFM, dummy!"

Thanks ... I'll go back over the SIMS manual and see what it says.

VR // Peter

On May 10, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Christopher Bort wrote:

On 05/10/06 at 05:05, Peter Jones wrote:

On May 9, 2006, at 4:17 PM, chris wrote:

You can do the same with your SIMS setup. One server handling multiple
domains. That would let you avoid having overlapping port usage, which
means you could do simple port forwarding at the router that Verizon
supplies.

I've got two servers, each for a separate domain, and each running
both SIMS and a simple webserver. Since I had extra static IP
addresses, it was easy to put in two old OS9 boxes, one for each
domain, give them each a separate static IP address, and go to town.

Do you have a link to documentation for setting up SIMS for "one
server handling multiple domains"? That might be the answer to my
problem.

I hosted mail for multiple domains (at least a dozen, probably more) with
SIMS for several years with no problems. In fact, the ability to easily
handle multiple domains was one of the reasons why I chose SIMS to begin
with. You just need to add appropriate lines to your SIMS router to have
mail delivered to the proper local accounts. Look in the Router section of
the SIMS manual for how to set it up.

--                    Christopher Bort | cbort@globalhomes.com
                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>