From: Christopher Bort <cbort@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: ASSP
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:10:55 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 06/16/06 at 08:54, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

> >>Well, if you figure that one out, I'd love to know.
> >
> >The functionality of the SIMS router is all there, and most of it is
> >implemented through the virtual address framework.
>
> Thanks for that tip. (he read read reads)
>
> My idealized goal is for each user (who has a password-protected home
> directory on the Tiger Server box) to be able to have a text file
> (for example) that allows them to control their own virtual addresses
> by having Postfix parse that text file. Aside from obvious security
> concerns which would have to be addressed, is there any mechanism in
> Postfix to even do something like this?

I believe that postfix uses ~/.forward files.

You really ought to check out the ECM2 package from
<http://maxo.captainnet.net/installs/mailserver/index.html>. It uses exim
and courier imap builds that support doing all this stuff from a MySQL
database, controlled through a web interface. I'm not sure if the default
ECM2 package allows users to control their own aliases through the web
interface (I'm using an older version of ECM for Panther which doesn't),
but it shouldn't be all that difficult to add with a little PHP scripting.

--
Christopher Bort
<cbort@globalhomes.com>