From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: SIMS on Classic Tiger (10.4)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:21:43 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 3:29 PM -0400 6/16/06, chris wrote:
Ok, new question related to the ASSP thread (thus the new subject line).

Is anyone else able to run SIMS in Classic under 10.4 and get it to
respond to a local connection attempt?

It seems to work fine from the outside, but if you bring up a terminal
and telnet to port 25 on the same machine (ie: 127.0.0.1:25), you get no
response.

I asked this of Max Lyth when I was having similar troubles.  His response:

 SMTP Destination (I assume it should be 192.168.33.197:2525)
 Listen Port (I assume 25)

The original instructions were wrong, you can't use localhost or 127.0.0.1.
Instead use the IP address of the machine itself. If it is the same machine
for SIMS and ASSP then SIMS must be hacked to listen on a different port
number. If you use the prehacked versions then that port number is 2525 in
which case your suggestion above is correct.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>