From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
Subject: Re: SIMS on Classic Tiger (10.4)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:31:32 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>>  SMTP Destination (I assume it should be 192.168.33.197:2525)
>>  Listen Port (I assume 25)
>
>The original instructions were wrong, you can't use localhost or 127.0.0.1.
>Instead use the IP address of the machine itself.

Yeah, I figured this out not long after I sent the post... I just didn't
get to reply to my own post saying "nevermind" as I was busy trying to
make the change on ASSP (I'm still having a problem getting it to start
correctly, as well as occasionally it doesn't want to save the changes I
make via the web interface, so I had to dig thru the config file in vi
until I found the right lines to change... then I just had to fight it
down and back up).

Knock on wood, I have ASSP running with SIMS right now. I *think* I
properly have it in test mode so I can start building a list of spam/no
spam over the weekend. I still have something wrong where it won't start
when the mac boots, but I'll have to figure that one out next week. For
the time being, if I have to reboot the machine, I just log in via SSH
afterwards and manually start ASSP.

If all goes well, early next week I should be able to take it out of test
mode and start seeing if it was worth all this effort.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>