From: David Muszynski <david@technospider.com>
Subject: Re: migrate mail box files
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:06:06 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Aug 11, 2006, at 5:35 PM, cb wrote:

The only place Operator Error comes into play was my lack of knowing how to force postfix to stop when Apple's own front end for the service tells me it isn't running in the first place. Killing the service from the command line didn't work as moments after killing it, a new instance would start up. After several hours trying to stop it, I decided it would be faster for me to just make the change to OS X Server's mail services like I had planned to do in the future anyway.

So no, this was not a case of OE.

As this is not what the majority of people who deploy Tiger Server experience I'd say that it's something particular to your set up, and you're the only one who can make changes to your set up.
I'm not saying that you don't know what you're doing or anything like that, simply that it wasn't OS X's fault as multitudes have upgraded to 10.4.7 with no hiccups.