From: Joe Wagner <joew@cdr.stanford.edu>
Subject: Difference in message w/multiple recipients in SIMS vs. CGPro
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:07:44 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi folks,
I use both SIMS on 9.2 and  CGPro on OSX. Primarily SIMS is kept around to service a number of accounts before I commit to the money to upgrade the license number on CGPro. There is difference I've noticed that I don't understand. An account on SIMS is set to forward email over to an account on the CGPro server.  If an incoming email has multiple recipients that are all routed to that account, multiple individual emails are forwarded on to the CGPro server, one for each recipient. So the destination CGPro account receives multiple identical emails (identical except for the differing lines which record the forwarding in each header).  This is handy because the recipient then is given a heads up that the sender has sent the email to more than one of their addresses.  The puzzle is that if the email with multiple recipients is sent directly to the CGPro machine destined via wildcards for only one account, only one email shows up in that account.
Is this correct behavior by SIMS and by CGPro? My instinctive answer is to say yes because, well, both are from Stalker. But I then am misunderstanding something on why CGPro only plops one copy of the email in the destination account while SIMS forwards multiple copies.
Can someone help me understand what's going on? A second though off topic for this list question, can someone tell me how to get CGPro to put multiple copies of an email if its sent to multiple addresses that are routed, e.g. via wildcard, to a single account?

Thanks,

Joe