From: Michael Croft <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: Re: Why is mail being sent to my webserver...
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:27:48 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:21 PM -0400 9/6/06, Bill Cole wrote:
>At 4:27 PM -0700 9/6/06, Joe Wagner  imposed structure on a stream of
>electrons, yielding:
>>Hi folks,
>> I confess to being a bit sleep deprived these days, but I
>>can't figure out why some mail servers are trying to send email to
>>my web server rather than the mail servers. I.e. they are trying to
>>send to the machine with the A record for hypertouch.com which is a
>>webserver rather than to hypertouch.com's mail servers which are at
>>other IP addresses.  Now the web server is running a rudimentary
>>mail server but it shouldn't be getting any incoming email and so
>>rejects the attempts as unauthorized relays.
>
>You might want to just have it not answer to external traffic.

If you are afraid it will reject it and something you really want will be
lost, forward all external traffic to mail.hypertouch.com.

It covers up the problem, but that meet your needs.
--
Michael Croft       http://www.whiterose.org/michael
SAM: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom. We've got a magic ring,