De: Timothy Binder <lists@cyberthorn.net>
Sujet: Re: 550 error and ECM2
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:56:52 -0400
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On Sep 12, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Warren Michelsen wrote:

At 6:34 AM -0500 9/12/06, Bob Smith sent email regarding 550 error and ECM2:

What exactly causes a 550 error?  Is it something specific or is this one of those errors that might mean any of a number things?

The info is in the bounce message:

Failed to deliver your message to bob@imagetexas.com:
SMTP: Address rejected by host
Host 'sam.accurateimage.org' says:
550 Sender verify failed

sam.accurateimage.org is the ECM2 box, correct? It rejected the sender. Probably one of its anti-spam settings. Whatever address you sent it from was rejected.

This sounds about right, as a guess. If the email you are sending claims to be from a domain ECM2 is hosting, it is probably rejecting it as a forgery -- unless you are sending it with SMTP authentication. Just a guess, but I suspect I'm right.
S'abonner aux messages S'abonner aux sommaires S'abonner aux indexes Se désabonner Ecrire un email au responsable de la liste