From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: RBL to Use
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:37:22 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:30 AM -0400 10/20/06, Roger Moffat  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:

[...]

Sending a test message as the SpamHaus site suggested returned this message to me...

===============
Testing your SBL block.  See http://www.crynwr.com/spam/ for more info.
Please note that this test will not tell you if your server is open for
relaying.  Instead, it tests to see if your server blocks email from IP
addresses listed in various blocking lists; in this case, the SBL list.

Here's how the conversation looked from sbl.crynwr.com.
Note that some sites don't apply the SBL block to postmaster, so
I use your envelope sender as the To: address.

I connected to 66.93.200.62 and here's the conversation I had:

220-clanmoffat.org Stalker Internet Mail Server V.1.8b9d14 is ready.
220 ESMTP is spoken here. You are welcome
helo sbl.crynwr.com
250 clanmoffat.org is pleased to meet you
mail from:<>
250 <> sender accepted
rcpt to:<WebMaster@ClanMoffat.org>
591 [192.203.178.107] No mail will be accepted. Your host is in a Black List. sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
Terminating conversation

From which I'm assuming the second last line starting with 591 is my SIMS telling crynwr.com that it's in the Black List and so no mail is accepted?

Yes. That line looks perfect for a SIMS machine configured to use the SBL+XBL.