From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: RBL to Use
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:05:27 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 7:46 AM -0600 10/22/06, Lewis Butler  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
On 22 Oct 2006, at 07:30 , Lewis Butler wrote:
sbl is excellent, the cn and kr lists catch the occasional mass-spam though, so I keep them.

I take it back, cluecentral hasn't had a hit in over 30 days, probably because  it went off line last November.

I really should pay more attention to these things, but I get so little spam anymore with sbl-xbl and greylisting that it hardly seems to matter.

Which points up an important fact: once you start using external resources for spam control, you need to pay attention to their status. In the past, some DNSBL's have shut down with a "list the world" tactic that is designed to slap inattentive users out of continuing to query dead lists. You don't want to be on the user end of such a tactic, as it means rejecting all mail until you notice it.