From: billc <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: New RBL from SpamHaus
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 02:14:56 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hey folks,

This just in from the CommuniGate list:

At 10:04 AM -0800 11/1/06, Aaron wrote:

FYI, I was checking something on Spamhaus the other day and they have a new
BL name that I guess will be phased in to replace sbl-xbl

The new name is: zen.spamhaus.org

From what I can tell, "zen" includes sbl+xbl and also their "pbl" list,
which is defined as:
"Non-MTA IP address ranges set by the block owner's outbound mail policy."

So an ISP/email operator can voluntarily submit a range of IP's on their
network which are not allowed to send email.  Pretty cool.

Here's the link for info:
<http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/>

And a brief text to announce the change:
-------------------
zen.spamhaus.org

ZEN is the combination of all Spamhaus DNSBLs into one single powerful and
comprehensive blocklist to make querying faster and simpler. It contains the
SBL, the XBL and the new PBL blocklist.

Caution: zen.spamhaus.org replaces sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.

If you are currently using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org you can now replace
'sbl-xbl' with 'zen' (sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org will eventually become obsolete
and may in the future be withdrawn from service).

zen.spamhaus.org should now be the only spamhaus.org DNSBL in your
configuration. You should not use ZEN together with other Spamhaus
blocklists or you will simply be wasting DNS queries and slowing your mail
queue.
--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>