Mailing List Message #15374
From: Charles Mangin <>
Subject: forwarding spamtraps to an RBL?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:15:49 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <>
i understand several of the RBLs maintain their own spamtraps to update their lists with newly exploited or zombied IPs. these addresses are kept secret for obvious reasons.

what i wonder, though, is there an RBL out there somewhere that i can submit or redirect my spamtrap addresses to, that would then add the IPs i'm getting messages from? it seems that a lot of my spam lately has been pump-and-dump messages generated from some botnet or other, and i get the messages before the RBLs spamtraps do, or before any of the 5 RBLs i subscribe to update with those IPs.

what i guess i'm looking for is a place that says "send us your spam, we'll make sure nobody else gets it." i've looked around and haven't found such an RBL, but i wonder if the folks on this list have heard of one.

Charles Mangin
Option8 Multimedia: Get your Flash on. |