From: Support(THS) <support@tinhorse.com>
Subject: Incoming Email Disappearing!
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:27:58 -0800
To: <SIMS>
I wonder if someone can help me with a problem I've come across setting
up a new mail server. I've got the outgoing email working OK but there
is a problem with the incoming mail. Namely that email from the outside
world is not being received.

Internally everything is working fine. The local server domain within
SIMS is set as <company>.co.uk and the incoming and outgoing mail
servers supplied by the service provider are both mail.<company>.co.uk
within the Mailtron mail gateway. I can tail the Mailtron gateway log
file and see that the mail is being collected from the ISP and that it
is forwarded to the SIMS mail server. When I check the SIMS log I see
the email being received and the log shows the email having been
delivered but no messages end up in the recipient's mailbox for
collection. They can collect mail sent internally but email sent to the
organisation from the outside world never ends up in the user's mailbox!

Has anyone come across this problem before? If so could you point me in
the right direction to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

--
Dene Stringfellow
--

*Tin Horse Design Limited*
Pelham House, Pelham Court, London Road, Marlborough, Wiltshire SN8 2AG

*CONFIDENTIALITY:* This e-mail and it attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to the e-mail and highlight the error.

*SECURITY WARNING:* Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

*VIRUSES:* Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
Get Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>