From: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Greylisted ?
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:34:33 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 9-Jan-2007, at 01:09, Jorge Chamorro wrote:
Failed to deliver your message to somebody@somedomain.com:
SMTP: Address rejected by host
Host 'mail.somedomain.com' says:
450 <somebody@somedomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see
http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/eurocarne.com.html

It seems (after reading the whitepaper in the above link) to be a matter of
re-sending it in a few minutes (?).
Therefore, is it enough to re-configure the smtp settings so as to retry
several times over a longer period of time ?

You should not need to reconfigure unless you have ytour retry windows set unreasonably short. Moist sites that greylist do so for 3-10 minutes, so if you have reasonable settings, your message will retry in 5 minutes or so and get delivered.

Anyone has experienced this, and knows a workaround ?

I use greylisting on my mailserver.  It is currently the #1 most effective anti-spam measure I have.

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209