From: <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:42:32 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 12:32 AM -0500 2/6/07, Charles Mangin wrote:
>so my SIMS box has become unreliable of late. what should i do?
>
>i have several options at hand:
>
>rebuild the box (an old G3 desktop) with a fresh OS 9 and SIMS installs
>replace the box with a new mac, OS X and communigate pro - or some
>open source postfix thingy
>replace the box with a linux box, run fedora and postfix/sendmail on it
>

>from those still on the list that have migrated already, i seek your
>advice.

I bought a mini, moved my web server and web app stack to it, then
flattened the old G4 web server and followed these instructions:
http://switch.richard5.net/isp-in-a-box-v2/

Worked pretty nicely, and the mini makes a very good web server.  small and
quiet.

--
Michael Croft       http://www.whiterose.org/michael
SAM: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom. We've got a magic ring,