From: List Stuff <stuff@colony.net>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:43:26 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Re-image the box (or get a new one), run Mac OSX or Linux and get SurgeMail - http://www.surgemail.com - unless you are independently wealthy and can afford CommuniGatePro - myself, I would rather buy a new house vs. spend that kind of money on CGPro (coming from someone that ran CGPro for over 5 years until they raised the price and put time-bombs in the code).

Charles Mangin wrote:
so my SIMS box has become unreliable of late. what should i do?

i have several options at hand:

rebuild the box (an old G3 desktop) with a fresh OS 9 and SIMS installs
replace the box with a new mac, OS X and communigate pro - or some open source postfix thingy
replace the box with a linux box, run fedora and postfix/sendmail on it

from those still on the list that have migrated already, i seek your advice.

  charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
  option8@option8.com
  http://mentalhygiene.com