From: Roger Moffat <rogerkiwi@aol.com>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:21:27 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Feb 6, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Dave Pooser wrote:

rebuild the box (an old G3 desktop) with a fresh OS 9 and SIMS installs

Bad idea. SIMS' state-of-the-90s antispam options plus Mac OS 9's
state-of-the-90s underpinnings are no longer a winning combination, alas.

I gave up on my SIMs box on Mac OS 9.1 a few months ago - the spam on accounts which have been public and are linked on thousands of pages on a couple of web sites just became more than I could deal with.

I've traded and hour or two a week taking care of denying or allowing people who want to sign up to a message board (and ironically probably 75% of them are spammers too!!!) I have an interest in for having 10 eMail accounts hosted by the ISP dude who owns the board. The spam is down from many hundreds a week to less than 10 getting through to my mailboxes.

And I don't have a 6100 running in my basement full time now.

Cheers

Roger