From: Bob Smith <lists@accurateimage.org>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:22:08 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Bill Cole wrote:

I think the quality of this list has to be the biggest reason SIMS was not universally abandoned 5+ years ago.

That's certainly true for me.

I finally shut down my last SIMS server about six months ago in favor of the ECM2 setup mentioned in a couple of previous posts.

http://maxo.captainnet.net/ecm2/index.html

It took a few tries on a test server to get it up an running the way that I wanted.  Once there it has hummed along just fine.  I have more accounts on the server now than my SIMS box ever had but management is even easier.  Webmail, POP and iMAP servers along with Spamassassin and ClamAV.  It's a good package in a relatively simple to configure system.

I know that many (most?) posting here have moved on from SIMS, but I'm hopeful that this list will stay at least marginally active with general Mac based mail server issues

Bob Smith

Accurate Image Bob Smith Photographer Waco Texas USA
http://www.accurateimage.org