From: Todd Reed <Todd.Reed@pphsso.org>
Subject: SIMS dual domains
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:28:06 -0800
To: <SIMS>
Hi all,

Still running SIMS here despite all rumors to the contrary.

I need to run dual domains on SIMS as the organization is moving to a new
domain name. We want mail sent to user@olddomain.com or user@newdomain.com
to both go to the same user mailbox.

My checklist is as follows:

Turn down TTL's on existing domain.
Establish new domain with A, and MX records pointing to SIMS.

Give SIMS it's new domain name: mail.newdomain.com
Set up a routing entry: *@olddomain.com=newdomain.com

Set up CNAME on old domain name record:
mail.olddomain.com CNAME mail.newdomain.com
Remove A record for mail.olddomain.com
MX record on old domain points to mail.newdomain.com

Then sit back and watch the mail get delivered.

I don't recall the best way to set up the router entry as it's been awhile
since I tried this. Any tips on this checklist or the correct router syntax
appreciated.

TIA.

Todd Reed