From: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: end of an era
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:07:56 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 7-Feb-2007, at 11:02, Dave Pooser wrote:
I now think the best solution for me is no mac, no freeBSD, just
relying on experienced pros for a reasonable price, no matter what
they are using, as long as I stay in control. Anyone willing to host
my email?

The only caveat I'd add is spam filtering is a very individual thing, and
the more control over your server you have the easier it becomes to make
your own decisions on anti-spam measures. Going the hosted route means less
work for you but also less control over spam filtering.

That's true.  For example, I use greylisting and spamassassin.  (Some) Users can opt out of spamassasin if they want, but they can't opt out of greylisting. Most users can't opt out of either, although the Spamassassin is set to be non-destructive.

--
Lewis Butler, Owner Covisp.net
240 S Broadway #203, 80209