From: Alexandre Lollini <alex2@espacelollini.com>
Subject: Re: An elemental question.
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:19:45 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On 27 févr. 07, at 10:43, Jorge Chamorro imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:

Another problem I'm having lately is that some messages remain forever in
the queue, with "suspended" status. The smtp is set to retry 10 times @ 3
minutes intervals. What's the difference between "suspended" and "failed" ?

retry 10 times @ 3 minutes intervals
10 times is not enough and
and 3 minutes is too narrow
all this is quite far from rfc standards.
I always suggest the retry total duration to extend over a little more than 4 hours.

my setup is 30 times @ 10 minutes intervals.

this helps also when some hosts are not reliable, in the path of the mail.

I've got some "suspended" mails too, (very rare) so I'm interested in an answer too.

--

Alexandre Lollini -------------- alex2@espacelollini.com
ESPACE Lollini ------------------- www.espacelollini.com