From: billc <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: An elemental question.
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:23:30 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:06 AM -0700 2/27/07, Lewis Butler wrote:
On 27-Feb-2007, at 02:43, Jorge Chamorro wrote:
Another problem I'm having lately is that some messages remain forever in
the queue, with "suspended" status. The smtp is set to retry 10 times @ 3
minutes intervals. What's the difference between "suspended" and "failed" ?

So a maximum retry of 30 minutes?  That's insane.

Retry interval should be over 5 minutes, and it should retry at least for several days.  I think 4 days is normal.

Agreed.  If a mail server is down or temporarily swamped by spammers, it may easily take more than 30 min to come back up.

Mine retries every 30 min for up to 3 days.

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>