De: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Sujet: Re: An elemental question.
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:32:10 -0500
A: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:05 PM -0600 2/27/07, Dave Pooser  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
 So a maximum retry of 30 minutes?  That's insane.

 Retry interval should be over 5 minutes, and it should retry at least
 for several days.  I think 4 days is normal.

It all depends on your business needs. At $DAYJOB we only retry for 4 hours;
in our line of work if the message hasn't been delivered in 4 hours we'd
rather fail the message so the sender knows to try another approach. YMMV,
of course.

Total time hat short has justifications in some places. Retry faster than every 5 minutes does not.
--
Bill Cole
bill@scconsult.com