From: Joe Wagner <joew@cdr.stanford.edu>
Subject: multiple IP addresses
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:52:28 -0700
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi folks,
I am adding a second pipe to my servers, Comcast business cable's now available because my DSL line had maxed out its upstream. Yes, I know, but it's the best option available at that location which far from the CO, and the IP address (74.95.0.28) appears to be clear of blacklisting...  I am keeping my DSL connection so I've added the Comcast IP as a secondary IP address to this server. The "IP Secondary addresses" named file in the Preferences folder has the following line:
ip=74.95.0.28 sm=255.255.255.248 rt=74.95.0.30

With that, and a reboot, I can surf into the cable modem's local lan config webpage.  But I cannot seem to access SIMS from the Internet, not port 25, 8010, (nor ping for that matter). Um, clearly it seems it's not going to be that simple, but I can't see a problem with this, but it's been half a decade since I've messed with multiple IP addresses.

Any suggestions?

Joe