From: Bob Smith <lists@accurateimage.org>
Subject: Re: multiple IP addresses
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:03:31 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Mar 15, 2007, at 8:05 PM, Bill Cole wrote:

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from tossing money at Sustworks, but on those machines you might find wireless more stable and higher-performing than a USB-Ethernet gadget.

I've had IPNetRouter running on a Mini with one of those USB Ethernet gadgets for about eight months now.  It serves as a gateway and DNS server. Performs well and has run flawlessly.  I've only rebooted for system upgrades.  I did this primarily for power consumption and noise issues.  That little Mini is so much quieter and less power sucking than the old G4 tower I was using.  I'm about to put an iBook into service the same way (using USB ethernet for a second port) to replace another G4 tower that's still acting as a router on a backup DSL line.

Bob Smith

Accurate Image Bob Smith Photographer Waco Texas USA
http://www.accurateimage.org