From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: Re: spam samples for bayes training
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:45:01 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

It is highly recommended that you train your Bayes database only with messages that have actually been received at your own installation. Using someone else's spam and ham is likely skew your database and result in inaccuracies. In other words, SpamAssassin needs to know what _you_ see as spam and ham, not what someone else sees.

that's kinda what i figured, so i took a couple of my more active domains and added a catchall alias to my spam-collecting account. overnight, i got more spam than i needed to "seed" my bayes database.

thanks all. i'm glad to see there are still some folks lurking on this list.

  charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
  option8@option8.com
  http://mentalhygiene.com