From: Alexandre Lollini <alex2@espacelollini.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP Listener goes DEAF
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:20:41 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On 5 sept. 07, at 19:59, Paul Galati imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:

13:05:07 1 SMTP(tcp) Failed to accept connection from [85.61.15.69:4727].
Error Code=-3158, OTLook=16, State=4

after this statement is written to the log file, SIMS will no longer
receive smtp connections.  I have to change the receive connections to
zero, save, then change to 50 again for new incoming connections to take
place.  When I change the smtp receive connections to zero, I get a
listener unbind failed message in the log.  Turning off RBL seems to
reduce the frequency of this message, but not eliminate it.  The computer
reboot itself each morning

Any suggestions?

Paul

It seems that I have had the same problem, but I did not find that line in my log.
what is your log level ?
That problem occur randomly, it is two month not occured here.
To me it is a tcp problem, since when it is deaf, there is no web navigation either.
no help sorry

--

Alex