From: NetHead <nethead@pecandeluxe.com>
Subject: Re: SIMS won't send for device (was Re: Ping list (sorry but have seen nothing for days))
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:14:10 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Okay, I'll go you one better. I can send through a different SMTP server.
I had a technician for the device in question (a Kycera-Mita copier, just
in case you were curious) come on site to try and resolve the problem. He
runs a very simple SMTP program on his laptop. We changed the settings on
the KM copier to send SMTP via his laptop's ip and the transmissions went
through flawlessly. But when I switched back to the IP of the SIMS
server, they failed again. So I don't think the problem is hardware
related. And I don't think the copier is simply "dropping" the
connection... why would it do it to SIMS and not some other SMTP server?

So, all that said, I'm back to square one.

If you have any more ideas, I'm willing to listen. Or if I missed
something in my explanation above, let me know.

Doug Starkey
Network Administrator
Pecan Deluxe Candy Company

Wasn't it SIMS Discussions SIMS@mail.stalker.com who once said...