From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Username/Password for SIMS
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:52:43 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 9:12 AM -0400 10/8/07, lcs@spellnetwork.com  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
I just loaded SIMS and am trying to set it up.

There has to be an interesting story there...

It tells me, of course, to configure from a web browser.  When I do it asks for a username and password.  I haven't setup anything yet, so is there a default username and password to get in?  There is no manual anymore.

You may need to use Communigator on the local machine to bootstrap a new installation. The one account that must exist (and which SIMS creates automatically) is 'postmaster' and it is probably worth the typing to see if it works with an empty password through the web interface.

Why anyone would build a new SIMS machine is a mystery to me. FWIW, the last SIMS system I was involved with was my own personal one on a P575, and I pulled the MX records pointing at it about a year ago. The machine only still exists because I have a news server on it that I haven't quite fully migrated to a less ancient Cube. Every MTA I run now is either Sendmail or Postfix, and all of the mailstore servers I babysit are Dovecot.

Of course, I'll be here until Stalker turns the list off or it really goes quiet.