From: Michael Heth <mlr@serversmiths.com>
Subject: blew out my router, can't get my wildcards working again
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:13:03 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

Hi Folks,

Had a client get a corrupt file (I guess) which jammed his mailbox up and while futzing tryng to sort things out the server hung. Then while setting up another backup server I inadvertantly overwrote my router tables. I got going again on a backup but cannot seem to get my wildcarded addresses going and I can't figure out why.

Here's what I have at the top of my router

<*_email@serversmiths.com> = _email

and here is the log.

11:58:44 5 ROUTER Input: heth_1(serversmiths.com)
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Parser: heth_1@serversmiths.com -> heth_1(serversmiths.com)
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Input: heth_1()
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Parser: heth_1 -> heth_1()
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Input: clseo_email(serversmiths.com)
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Parser: clseo_email@serversmiths.com -> clseo_email(serversmiths.com)
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Input: clseo_email()
11:58:44 5 ROUTER Parser: clseo_email -> clseo_email()
11:58:44 1 SMTP-601(QMTA07.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net) SPAM? Recipient '<clseo_email@serversmiths.com>' rejected: user unknown

I can't find my SIMS docs but I'm 99.9% sure I have it right.

I also tried

*_email@serversmiths.com = _email

and each time the router still resolves to

clseo_email

for which there is no mailbox.

Any help is appreciated.

M./