From: Michael Heth <mlr@serversmiths.com>
Subject: Re: blew out my router, can't get my wildcards working again
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:20:04 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Christopher Bort wrote:

Was this working previously? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, off the top of my head, I didn't think you could use underscores (_) in the local part of an address, or in account names. Might it be that it's supposed to be a hyphen (-)? Also, I'm not sure that a hyphen or an underscore can be the first character of an account name. Could it be that your router entry should be

<*-email@serversmiths.com> = email

Actually I had it wrong, the mailbox it should have been routed to was

email_contact

but I changed the router and it still doesn't work.

isale_email@serversmiths.com

used to end up at this address

email_contact@serversmiths.com

so it was working until 11 am last Friday. Has worked like a charm for about 18 months.

When I test the routing using the sims tester  it says that

clseo_email

routes to

clseo_email

even though the router says it should route to

email_contact

<*_email@serversmiths.com> = email_contact
*_email@serversmiths.com = email_contact

I have tried all the ones below on my "buy" address and they don't work anymore either. Even though they worked last week.

<*_buy@serversmiths.com> = buy
*_buy@serversmiths.com = buy
*_buy = buy

Also, the router does not show any errors when I update it using the email syntax above.

Thanks for the reply.

M./