From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: spam routing question
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:30:05 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:13 AM -0800 1/16/08, Michael Heth wrote:
Is there any way to get this going

<*@blacklisted> = error

so that any spam just get dumped rather than bounced? As it is the bounced spam just gets routed to my list server which then dumps it but I end up doing 3-4 times the processing as the spam trickles down through my backup servers until it hits the list server.

I'm confused.

<*@blacklisted>  matches any mail coming from IP addresses in the local blacklist or in any of the DNSBL's you are using. The only reason to have ANY router rule matching any @blacklisted pattern is to exempt specific addresses or address patterns from those blacklists.

If you have NO such rules, you simply never accept mail from the blacklisted IP's, and it should never be seen by anything else of yours, since you never even see the data.

What sort of setup do you run that causes mail rejected by SIMS to go to some other machine of yours?